Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Store MOVEL locations into location variables

Hello,

I’m currently using the Curve Follow Project and it works well “Thank you Jeremy” but I need to shift the curve operation MOVEL locations slightly with each part because even if my parts are in tolerance, I have to know the exact difference from the perfect modeled part to compensate and make the operation work properly.

So my question is, can you save the curve operation MOVEL locations into custom location variables before generating a program, or are these changes better done in VSCodium?
Hi Greg,

This would require some modification to the post-processor for it to be done automatically.

Do you know what should be modified in the generated code for it to reach your requirements?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hey Jeremy,

Just wanted to make sure that I am not overlooking RoboDK’s capabilities to perform the same function.
I do know the linear moves I need in the generated code and can modify the program to put them in custom location variables for modification, so it is not a showstopper for me.

Have a good weekend,
Greg
So like I said, it would certainly be possible if I know what the final code should look like.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Previously I was storing into 11 custom-named array variables such as:
LMOVE shrp_lt10[1]; 1st Begin Sharpening
LMOVE shrp_lt20[1]; 2nd Move
LMOVE shrp_lt30[1]; 3rd Move
etc….
Note: 15 char max for variables.
RoboDK Curve Follow Project generates about 36 location points between the approach/retract phase that I would need to put in custom array variables.