Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TMFlow Set Variable in RoboDK

Hey there,

I'm attempting to set a digital output (DO) on an Omron TM5-900, at a midpoint on a line whilst the robot maintains constant velocity.

In TMFlow, I'm using 2 threads. One for movement of the robot, and another for tracking the condition of the digital output. The reasoning for this is the SetDO function on the robot takes a moment to execute, so the robot very briefly stops where it sets the DO. Alternately, I can use a SetVariable command, which is near-instantaneous and does not interupt the robot's motion.

How do I generate the SetVariable command using the Python API?

Bonus question: Is there a way in RoboDK to generate multiple TMFlow threads?

Cheers!
Sean

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Sean,

Generating code for the Omron TM robots with TMFlow is very complicated. I know it as I developed a good portion of it.
So for sure, you won't be able to achieve that by yourself using only Python, the post-processor itself will need some improvements.

Do you own a RoboDK professional license under maintenance? If so, you can go to "Help"->"Request support" and I should be able to give you a hand in that regard.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,

Yes I was looking into the post-processor, figuring I'd have to configure my own node.

I do! I'll get to that. Thanks Jeremy

Sean
Let me know if you are able to move forward. I can add it to the standard post-processor afterward.

JEremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel