Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Target robot association lost on copy of target

When a target that has been assigned to a specific robot is copied and pasted the original association with the robot is lost.

To work around this I have to manually re associate each target with the correct robot.

Can this be resolved?

Is it possible to also have the following functions added:

Select multiple targets and reassign the associated robot for all of them by right clicking and selecting Robot Linked from the menu as is possible when a single target is selected?

If this is possible then also having the ability to change the target type (Cartesian/Joint) may also be useful.

I think it might be useful to add the ability to select multiple items using the ItemUserPick() function, these could be returned as an item list.

This would allow users to perform any possible API function in a GUI guided batch manner.
You can select this option:
Tools-Options-Other-Check: Maintain item links with copy-paste.

The latest version of RoboDK allows you to assign a robot to multiple targets and change target properties.

This is not a bug so I'm moving this thread to the generic section.
(12-03-2018, 09:02 PM)Albert Wrote: You can select this option:
Tools-Options-Other-Check: Maintain item links with copy-paste.

The latest version of RoboDK allows you to assign a robot to multiple targets and change target properties.

This is not a bug so I'm moving this thread to the generic section.

Thanks!
I'm working on a station that has many targets, I am duplicating a program sequence and then re-associating the copied moves Target Linked. Because I have so many targets (greater than one screens worth) it is impossible to select the targets I want from the Target Linked menu as it is off the screen and there is no scroll bar for this dialog.
Could this dialog menu be scrollable or filterable by name or could a python API function be added:

move=RDK.Item("Move")
new_target=RDK.Item("NewTarget")
move.TargetLinked(new_target)

See attached images for reference.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi there, 

You bring up a good point here. I don't think we ever faced that problem. We will take a look at that. 

In the meantime, you could try reducing the length of your variables' name.
For example, if you use the default name (Target #) you can select between 768 targets. (See image below.)

Jeremy
You can also right click a group of movements in a program and select Hide target objects. This will remove the targets from your station tree. You can work with smaller groups of programs so that your project does not get too messy.

(12-05-2018, 07:01 PM)Albert Wrote: You can also right click a group of movements in a program and select Hide target objects. This will remove the targets from your station tree. You can work with smaller groups of programs so that your project does not get too messy.

Thanks for the tip.

Hello,

There is a usability improvement suggestion I have for working with larger projects with nested trees.

Solidworks has a option called Collapse Items which quickly collapses all nested tree items.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-05-2018, 07:01 PM)Albert Wrote: You can also right click a group of movements in a program and select Hide target objects. This will remove the targets from your station tree. You can work with smaller groups of programs so that your project does not get too messy.

How can hidden target objects be made visible again?
Hi neurotek, 

You can select the ''Move'' -> right click -> Select Target.

The targets will reappear, the position will be the same, but the name will have changed. Like I said before, I don't think that we have a perfect solution for the moment. 
I think your best shot is to reduce the length of the variables names and try to fit all of your variable in one screen.

Jeremy