Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tool angle modification during a path

How to modify the position of the head multiple times during the same path?
Attached is the beam that I'm trying to make the program. 
The tool will be plasma and one of the problems is that it's too wide to reach the inner edges if I keep for example aligned with the Z axle.
What I've seen on youtube videos on robot plasma is that closer to the edge, the head is in a 45 angle vs Z and when is around 20 mm away from the inner edges, it's aligned with Z.

Attached Files
.step   Drawing1_1_23337_4130.step (Size: 57.76 KB / Downloads: 437)
You can have one main Tool Center Point (TCP) at the tip of the tool and create other TCPs with respect to the first one to have different approach angles.

This is an example:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Getting-Starte...CPrelative

The targets can be the same for the whole program. You can use the main tool to create them. Afterwards, you can cut your main program in sub programs and have different tool orientations and offsets depending on the section you are working on.
(12-20-2019, 08:49 PM)Albert Wrote: You can have one main Tool Center Point (TCP) at the tip of the tool and create other TCPs with respect to the first one to have different approach angles.

This is an example:

The the targets can be the same for the whole program. You can use the main tool to create them. Afterwards, you can cut your main program in sub programs and have different tool orientations and offsets depending on the section you are working on.
Thanks Albert, 
I tried to modify the instructions path created by the utility "Curve follow project" but it gave me errors any small modification.
In the end, I placed many targets and create a path with the approach that I was looking for each section on the same path.
Thanks
(12-20-2019, 08:49 PM)Albert Wrote: You can have one main Tool Center Point (TCP) at the tip of the tool and create other TCPs with respect to the first one to have different approach angles.

This is an example:

The the targets can be the same for the whole program. You can use the main tool to create them. Afterwards, you can cut your main program in sub programs and have different tool orientations and offsets depending on the section you are working on.

Hi Albert,
I'm using the Utility "Curve to follow project" to plasma cut a circle.
The path is good and the simulation runs great but I have to add an extra point to the created path.
In this case, the cut needs to start in an internal part of the circle and with an angle different than Normal to the surface, to avoid damage the tool with the sparks.
When I add a new target (approx center of the circle) and then add a moveL instruction referred to that target and then run, the instruction just before the new just added shows an error "the position isn't reachable"
This is weird because the position was reachable before introducing the movement.
Can I modify the created path?
Attached is the rkd file.
Thanks

.rdk   Follow Curve path instructions modification.rdk (Size: 149.32 KB / Downloads: 485)
Hi Daniel,

This happens because you moved the part instead of the reference frame. I recommend you to export your beam (IBEAM) with respect to the coordinate system you'll use for manufacturing (Frame 2). Otherwise, you should apply a move to the object geometry so that the beam origin is coincident with your coordinate system. You applied a transformation on the object position but I moved it to the geometry section and applied the movement.

By doing so, when you run your program you'll be using the coordinate system you have in the RoboDK station (Frame 2), therefore, you can keep this coordinate system active and if you teach new targets they should be added to this coordinate system.

Albert

Attached Files
.rdk   Follow Curve path instructions modification v2.rdk (Size: 150.03 KB / Downloads: 410)