Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tool diameter compensation of Robot Machining Project

I'm working on the robot milling by using robot machining project. My tool diameter is about 6mm and the path generated is based on TCP, hence the machining is result is bigger than the geometry from CAD file. Is there anyway that I can do the tool compensation with robot machining project?
Are you importing your toolpath from a CAM software? If so, the path may already account for tool compensation.

Alternatively, if you select or create a curve in RoboDK you can apply and offset towards the side of the curve by selecting Edit path settings.
(06-16-2023, 11:40 AM)Albert Wrote: Are you importing your toolpath from a CAM software? If so, the path may already account for tool compensation.

Alternatively, if you select or create a curve in RoboDK you can apply and offset towards the side of the curve by selecting Edit path settings.

Hi Albert,

The path is generated by create a curve in RoboDK. I could not find Edit path settings in machining project settings. Is it Path to Tool Offset?

I want the robot machining the hole as shown in the picture. If I use Path to Tool Offset the entire path will shift in X/Y/Z direction, which is not what I want.
You won't be able to see Edit path settings if you loaded an NC file (such as APT code or G-code file). You should use a curve follow project instead.

What CAM software are you using? Usually, the tool diameter compensation is taken care of by CAM software.

Can you attach the picture you are referring to?
Hi Albert,

I'm using curve follow project to generate the path. I have uploaded the screenshot which Edit Path Settings is not showing in the settings.    
This feature was added about one year ago. You should update RoboDK to the latest version to see the Edit path settings option.
Thanks for the information!