Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Touch off calibration

Hi,

I am extremely new to robotics and I am hoping I can get some help with my project. We have a Doosan H2515 that will be used to transfer prints off a 3D printer. The print substrates vary in size and we would like to have the robot "touch off" to calibrate. Essentially it would touch a plane in x y and z to determine where the corner of the print substrate is. In the RoboDK documentation I see the manual calibration for something like this, but I want to program the robot to automatically do it and automatically update the reference frames.
You can customize your own probing routine using the SearchL function of our API. We may need to work with you to support probing for Doosan robots.

Do you have a probe and an extruder? How do you calibrate them?
(12-22-2022, 07:12 PM)Albert Wrote: You can customize your own probing routine using the SearchL function of our API. We may need to work with you to support probing for Doosan robots.

Do you have a probe and an extruder? How do you calibrate them?

Thank you for the response. Can you clarify on what support would be needed for probing for Doosan? Also, what do you mean specifically be probe and extruder? The group who purchased the Doosan is under the impression that the Doosans internal contact check sensors can be used for sensing "touch off points."
If you are looking for a faster and accurate solution I believe it would be better to use a touch probe (contrary to using the force sensors).

You can contact us by email at info@robodk.com and we can help you integrate this solution.