Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UI scaling when using external display with different resolution

Hello!

I discovered this annoyance while working home from my office. I normally use two external FullHD diplays when my laptop is connected to the docking station and no issues there. Now I am currently working at my home and I use the laptops' own 4K display and one external FullHD display.

While extending my desktop to both screens, the texts on toolbar and windows are so tiny I can barely see read them. If I switch to using only 4K screen or only FullHD screen, all texts and icons scale back to normally visible size (after restarting RoboDK).

If I switch from extended workspace to single screen while RoboDK is running and I hover the mouse over icons, RoboDK scales the texts but ends up either making the texts tiny again or enlarging them over their corresponding placeholders and thus clipping the text.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok, sorry for the false alarm!

I reinstalled the display drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer and it seems to have solved the issue.
OK perfect, thank you for letting us know. You can also control the DPI awareness of RoboDK by editing or running this file:
C:/RoboDK/RoboDK-Start-ScaleHighDPI.bat
(02-29-2024, 08:52 AM)Albert Wrote: OK perfect, thank you for letting us know. You can also control the DPI awareness of RoboDK by editing or running this file:
C:/RoboDK/RoboDK-Start-ScaleHighDPI.bat

Good to know, thanks Albert!