Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UR Robot Re-Orientation during program

Hi Jeremy,

I have attached a machine tending project I am working on for a customer.  If you run the main program
you notice that the UR robot will re-orient during the move from Swing target to Wait Mill target.  I used joint targets and the joints are not near singularity.  What am I doing wrong ?  I have run into this on almost every project I've done so if you can shed some light I would be grateful.

John A

[attachment=2929 Wrote:JohnA pid='11319' dateline='1642698319']Hi Jeremy,

I have attached a machine tending project I am working on for a customer.  If you run the main program
you notice that the UR robot will re-orient during the move from Swing target to Wait Mill target.  I used joint targets and the joints are not near singularity.  What am I doing wrong ?  I have run into this on almost every project I've done so if you can shed some light I would be grateful.

John A

Attached Files
.rdk   Excel VF-4SS Robotic Cell.rdk (Size: 10.72 MB / Downloads: 247)
This is because the target is registered with a different configuration that require the robot to re-orient. 

Since it is a MoveJ with the target being in joint values, it will keep the joint values in memory instead of the cartesian position, so it will not follow the shortest path when doing the MoveJ.

If you look at the joints values on the pictures, they are not the same even if the target is.

To fix this, I suggest changing the MoveJ to a MoveL and re-teaching the target. You can switch back to MoveJ after.
The MoveL force the robot to reach the next position in a straight line, so it will give you the correct configuration. 

Have a look at the joined station.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rdk   Excel VF-4SS Robotic Cell with fix.rdk (Size: 10.71 MB / Downloads: 234)
Take a look at this vidéo for more info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk1wvc19...3&index=11
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel