Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UR5 Joint Position Weird Behavior

Can someone help me understand why the robot is not going to the joint values as saved in the joint position? 

Attached is an image that shows my joint position with the option "keep joint values" clicked.

In a side by side comparison of the saved joint values in the position options dialog versus the joint values displayed on the virtual robot, they are not the same when the robot is at the position.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi jccourtney,

Can you send me your RDK file?

Jeremy
PM sent with link to rdk file.
The issue is probably that you are trying to move to the target using a linear movement (movel). Industrial robots can't change their configuration (assembly mode) during a linear movement.

If you change the movement instruction to a joint movement (movej) the robot will move to the same target using the joint values (the joint values will match the values you entered).
(03-07-2019, 02:41 PM)Albert Wrote: The issue is probably that you are trying to move to the target using a linear movement (movel). Industrial robots can't change their configuration (assembly mode) during a linear movement.

If you change the movement instruction to a joint movement (movej) the robot will move to the same target using the joint values (the joint values will match the values you entered).

This is actually occurring when a program is not running. This behavior is occurring when I simply click the joint target in the RoboDK tree. I believe this behavior occurs right after the robot was at another target that was of a different configuration. If I run the program, where I am using MoveJ commands, I will discover that the robot is actually moving to a totally different configuration like you mention. However this wrong configuration seems to propagate to any new joint targets created. I usually discover when running the program that a number of the targets are actually different than what was shown. 

After talking with Jeremy and reading your response, it seems RoboDK internally does a MoveL command when clicking the target. Is it possible to change this to default to a MoveJ for a joint target?