Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unexpected move when using external axis

Hi, I have made a laser cutting demo with RDK and I´m having hard time trying to get those external axis work properly.

I have one linear axis and one rotating axis, synchronization works fine until the end of the toolpath where robot makes an unexpected move. You can see the position after this move in attachments. Tool´s orientation is defined to be normal to path during the program. I have also set Approach/Retract moves to be 100mm Normal to path so this shoudn´t be the case.

I was thinking that maybe the rotating external axis has come to limit and it causes odd behavior but it`s not. Do you know what might cause this? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you attach your RDK station?
It will help us help you.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi, I made some changes to this station and this wasn't a problem anymore. Maybe the reason was that I had attached the tool straight to robot flange and that caused some singularity issue.
Hi, this happened again and the reason is that in some holes the curve normals are really not normal to the edge. I don`t know why because I made four similar holes to that pipe and just rotated 90 degrees after each of those. Some holes are fine but some are not.

This might be related to the CAD model but do you know if changing some setting would fix that? I also tried to change the point spacing value but it didn`t help. I will attach the station file here also. I´m using Curve follow project to create the toolpaths.

Attached Files
.rdk   RoboDK curve normal problem.rdk (Size: 2.38 MB / Downloads: 238)
What CAD software are you using?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

I´m using Fusion 360, I think those curve normals seemed fine at first but they were not normal to the face so I used "Tilt curve normals" and then this happened.
Ok, "Tilt curve normals" is a relatively old tool and should honestly be removed as we have something newer and better.

Take a look at this: https://youtu.be/tSVmoAgFdLs

Jeremy