Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Universal Robots TCP force and Hanwha Drivers

Hey there RoboDK community!
I am currently facing two major questions:
  1. Is is possible to access the TCP forces via the RoboDK Python API while using online programming and a Universal Robots UR5e? I am looking for an alternative to the `get_tcp_force()` function from URScript. My best guess was to pass custom calls to the apiur driver via `robot.setParams('Driver', ...)` but I could not find any documentation on the UR driver. What is the best way to retrieve the desired information with RoboDK?
  2. Do you have a fully featured driver for the Hanwha Robots (specifically the HCR-3)? I could only find a partial community implementation in a forum which requires some bug fixes and only supports a small subset of the possible RoboDK commands.

Thank you in advance and I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Regarding your questions:
  1. It is currently not possible to access the TCP forces through the API for Universal Robots but we can look into implementing it with the purchase of a Professional license.
  2. We have a working driver for Hanwha robots (called HanwhaDriver), this driver is somehow recent so make sure you are using a recent version of RoboDK. Let us know if you have issues with this driver.