Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Uploading programs to UR10

Hi,

I am having issues when uploading programs to UR10.

Program is a machining program using a UR10 and a spindle. A very small g-code file is also present. I have saved onto USB and transferred to robot that way but takes ages to upload on robot then only moves to start waypoint and freezes. Tried file transfer and again same issue.

Any help as to why this is taking so long would be appreciated
Can you provide the .rdk file, the program you are trying to load or any other relevant files?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi See below:

.urp   Machining1.urp (Size: 6.53 MB / Downloads: 192)

I also connecting robot to robodk with static ip and connected to to robot and ran the program. program did run but was juddering very fast and robodk was flashing between working and ready.

Added below: 

Regards,

Was not able to add g code file or script file
Can you provide the .rdk file?

You said you had a very small G-code?
The program you sent me has 988,000 points!

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi,

See attached .rdk file

.rdk   machine 1.rdk (Size: 8.21 MB / Downloads: 241)
There's something weird here.
The file you sent me first had almost a million points, which is way too much for the UR controller.

I generated the program from the .rdk file you sent and I only got 37k points (which is still a lot, but there's a wide margin).

Did you change the post-processor? Or did you use the standard one?
Did you modify your "Tools"->"Options"->"Programs" parameters?

Just so you know, robots are not CNCs; providing points that are less than 0.5 mm apart won't give you good results.

Jeremy