Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Using Leica AT901-LR with T-Mac

I'm trying to use a (slightly older) Leica AT901-LR with a T-Mac to perform 6-DoF measurements for robot calibration. Using the standard python-based Leica API does not seem to work for this older tracker (running Emscon), but setting USE_OLDER_VERSION to True with the apiTrackerLeica-emScon.exe file in place a connection to the laser-tracker seems to be possible. When using a RRR reflector and issuing a SETR 5 command, I can take 3-DoF measurements. However, as soon as I lock onto a 6-DoF probe (T-Mac, T-Probe), I can no longer take measurements. I suppose the API needs to be switched into 6D mode, however I have not found a command for that. Trying to take measurement simply does not return anyting and looking at the log it seems the API switches to queued mode somehow.
I believe only our Python driver for Leica support 6DOF measurements at this moment.

On the other hand, the Python driver should work with Leica AT9xx trackers. Can you provide us with more information about the issues you are facing using the Python driver?
At the moment, I'm not getting a connection to the tracker at all using the python driver. I tried port 800 (where the emscon server should be listening, at least the port is open and replies with binary data) and 8099 (where the integrated webserver is listening for the BUI). We run emScon 3.8 on this system.
Have you tried the default port 10000?

Is it an option to upgrade the firmware of the tracker? How old is it?

I understand that the emScon driver is for Leica trackers from 2003 and earlier.
Using IP address only (which should default to port 10000), no connection is possible. The tracker was manufactured around 2010, however it has been on the market for quite some time then. It is out of support by Leica by now. We are running to most current firmware on the tracker server.

I think the interface is the one described in this document: https://leica-geosystems.com/SFTP/files/...Manual.pdf

Using the emscon driver, 3D measurements are possible. I don't know what interface the python driver is using exactly ...
Hi mvstein,

I´m Jon. What version of roboDK are you using. I´m using V5.4.1 version and I can´t select the driver to use Leica At-901 Tracker. 

In older version of RoboDK, I think V3.x.x you can select the path of driver, but on the new version you don´t have this option.

Thanks in advance

Hi mvstein,

I´m Jon. What version of roboDK are you using. I´m using V5.4.1 version and I can´t select the driver to use Leica At-901 Tracker. 

In older version of RoboDK, I think V3.x.x you can select the path of driver, but on the new version you don´t have this option.

Thanks in advance