Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Welding path weave

Hi,

Is it possible to set the welding path to weave to fill gaps in the material?
Hi TheFabricator, 

It is possible IF your robot controller support such function. 
If you use a "Curve Follow Project" for your welding path, you can use the "Program Events" feature to call a native function of your robot controller at a specific time in your program. 

The function and parameters you will put there will be transferred to the program through the post processor. 

Have a good day. 
Jeremy
Hi,

We did basic welding programming & simulation but we are unable to do the MIG WELDING and welding parameter setting.
We tried arc welding simulation through the program events in the curve follow projects.
but it's not working. Let me know how i can i do the weave simulation and parameter settings. If any welding plug in package is required for the process .

regards
sisna

Hi,

We did basic welding programming & simulation but we are unable to do the MIG WELDING and welding parameter setting.
We tried arc welding simulation through the program events in the curve follow projects.
but it's not working. Let me know how i can i do the weave simulation and parameter settings. If any welding plug in package is required for the process .

regards
sisna
We have the script attached that can take an existing program and create a sine wave around the path. This will create a new program with the sine wave.

You can customize the parameters in the header. Is this what you are looking for?

We are planning to add it to a new app called CurveTools.

Note that some robots have the wave features already built into the controller and it may be more efficient to use those features instead.

Attached Files
.zip   ProgramAddSineWave.zip (Size: 2.94 KB / Downloads: 204)
This example also have the script Albert just mentioned. 
You can look at the "How to use" in the station for the instruction on how to transform the path into a sine wave.

Attached Files
.rdk   Welding-Station-Example.rdk (Size: 3.19 MB / Downloads: 309)