Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Where did post-processor source go?

I just updated my version of RoboDK from 5.1.2 to the latest version.  Unfortunately this appears to have over-written my customizations of the the KUKA post-processor.  And now the original source code that I previously modified for my customizations appears to be missing as well.  Almost all of the post-processor PY files in the Posts directory are just 2kb files that call the compiled version of the post-processor.  The only KUKA post with source is KUKA_KRC4_DAT.py.

Where is the source that the other posts are compiled from?  How do I customize the post processor code now, for example the KUKA_KRC2 post?

Here is a screenshot of the KUKA posts in the Posts directory

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Deisengard,

Updating RoboDK does overwrite post-processors with the same names.

We don't directly provide our post-processor source code with the install anymore. But if you need some in particular, you can ask us and we will provide the files.
In RoboDK, in the "Help" section, you can contact us for that specific matter. Let us know which post-processors you will need.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Some kind of warning about posts being overwritten would have been nice during the install.  Also, a recommendation to rename posts if modifying them would be helpful.

It's definitely not clear from the Help section that post processor code needs to be requested. The Post-Processors section of the Help site appears to assume that the code is already there (particularly in the Modification Examples section).  If you're referring to the "Request Support" menu item, I'm confused since it takes me to this forum.

I need the source for the KUKA_KRC2 post, since that's what the KUKA_KRC4 post depends on.  I need to customize the extrusion-related code.  Thank you.
Hi Deisengard, 

I do agree with some of your suggestions. 

Here's the KRC4 post-processor with no dependency on the KRC2 one. 

Jeremy

Attached Files
.zip   KUKA_KRC4.zip (Size: 9.82 KB / Downloads: 387)
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Thank you.