Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wiiboox Two FDM Printer

Hi Jeremy
Any new about my request?
Edgard
Hi Edgar,

After a discussion with our dev team, the best we can do at the moment is for you to add your robot using the "Model mechanism and robot" feature of RoboDK.
We do not have any option for a 5 axis robot like yours, but you can create a 6 axis robot and give joint "4" zero range of motion.
That should give you the same exact behavior as you are looking for.

For more info on hos to create a custom robot, you can take a look here: https://youtu.be/wZQ0uriwApY

If you need a trial license to access this feature, send me your professional email address via private message.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy
My professional email is diretoria@mitatiba.com.br I preffer receiving any material in edgardkm@hotmail.
Thank you
Edgard
Hi Jeremy
My professional email is diretoria@mitatiba.com.br I preffer receiving any material in edgardkm@hotmail.
Thank you
Edgard
Dear Jeremy
I know you have so many professional robot demands to attend, but without RoboDK my simple robot will be dead. I realy need your help to start using and adapting my poor robot to be setup in the software. There are so many small Companies that can not buy a professional robot in our Country(around $80,000 or more) and could use our small machine(robot) to be helped in many simple task in your factory. Suddenly you silence about my case and my robot is useless waiting for a software. Please, let me know if you gave up.
Hi Edgar,

I did not give up.
This is not a simple project.

I just sent you an email.
Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,

Regarding the driver that I must place in the folder /RoboDK/api/Robot/ so that RoboDK can talk to the robot. Because my robot is custom, I wonder if you have any generic driver that I could use as a template to build a driver for my robot?

My setup is the following: Each joint is a PWM controlled step motor connected to a step motor driver. All drivers are connected to the Raspberry Pi GPIO pins.
Until now, I was using a python script that would hit the GPIO pin with a 5v current to activate the step motor driver to move the motor one step in the direction I want.

If you have a generic driver, I might be able to use that to create the driver my robot needs for it to work with RoboDK.

I already have a developer lined up to help me with this, so I won't trouble you too much regarding this driver. Hopefully you know about a generic driver we can use to speed up our side of things.
Edgard