Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Working range of Kawasaki MX420L

Hello,
One of our customers found that Kawasaki MX420L in the RoboDK library has a different working range than the real robot.
MX420L Robot | M Series | Extra Large Payloads | Kawasaki Robotics
Our engineering team tried to modify it, but they could not do that, so we would appreciate it if someone could do it.

Best Regards,
Hiroe Ota
Hi Hiroe,

Is it just the value showcased in the library that is wrong?
Or is it the dimensions of the robot when you open it in RoboDK that are wrong?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hello Jeremy,

The dimensions of the robots when I open it in RoboDK seem different.
Could you take a look at it?

Thank you.
Thank you for letting us know. We'll update the reach of the Kawasaki MX420L to 2778 mm as stated in the documentation with the next library update.
Hi Hiroe, 

The dimensions in RDK seem to match with the documentation provided by Kawasaki. 

Let me know if you see anything wrong.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Dear Jeremy,

Sorry, my explanation was unclear.
The motion range of Joint 3 should be “+20 - −125”, according to the Kawasaki website.
The MX420L on RoboDK library is not defined in the range of motion, which allows the arm to interfere with the robot.

Best Regards,
Hiroe Ota
OK, cool, I will ask @Olivier to take a look.

Jeremy

These type of robot use a more complicated limit joints value system since the J2 and J3 are linked together. 

I updated the robot and improved the joints limits, it shouldn't collide with itself anymore now. (see attached robot)

Attached Files
.robot   Kawasaki-MX420L.robot (Size: 246.04 KB / Downloads: 238)
Thank you so much for all your support !

Hiroe Ota