Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Yawsaka Motoman MPL80 Kinematic issues

Exclamation 
Good evening , 
I inform you that in robodk global library there is an error about kinematics management of motoman mpl80 as this is not a 5 axis but a paletizer because one axis (5) is used only in +- 15° for correction in paletization phase . 
Also if you download the datasheet , it explains its mode of operation . 
To confirm , I had a chance to test the same robot , and also the new one pl80 ( yrc1000 controller ) directly on the motosim and it does not have any kind of handling error . 
Does anyone know how to correct it ? 
thank you very much
Do you mean that RoboDK should ignore joint 5?
Could you send us a program generated with your robot controller that includes pulse data and another one with Cartesian data?
(08-05-2022, 12:19 PM)Albert Wrote: Do you mean that RoboDK should ignore joint 5?
Could you send us a program generated with your robot controller that includes pulse data and another one with Cartesian data?
Hello , 
then actually you don't need to have developed a program or instructions , because you only need to insert the robot and move it from the pad to understand that it moves not like a paletizer but like a 5 axis robot , not respecting the work area from motoman datasheet . 
if you insert another MPL model ( categorized as a paletizer ) you will see that the robot's wrist goes straight down keeping the wrist always straight . 
The mpl 80 model should also do the same . 

thank you very much
Hello , any News ??
I'm not sure I understand what you are requesting. This Yaskawa Motoman MPL80 robot is a palletizing robot but still allows for a 15 deg correction for the tool orientation. The only way to account for this degree of freedom is to model it as a 5-axis robot. Using the post processor we can help you match the JBI program if it doesn't match your controller requirements.