Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
connecting a kuka robot KR C4 compact

Hello, i tried to read all the posts about Kuka. But i have an issue with connecting RoboDK with the robot itself. 

I have a KR C4 compact controller, with a KR10 r 900 robot. I would like to add a Steinbichler 3d laser scanner on it. 

I followed all the steps in the document, https://robodk.com/doc/en/RoboDK-Doc-EN-Robots-KUKA.pdf

But i cannot find the IP address of the robot. As it seems to be a virual pc in a network of its own i cannot connect to it. Trying already for some time, but if somebody can help that would be very nice.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi there,

You should be able to retrieve the KRC4 controller IP address through the HMI.
First you need to be an administrator (see the RDK-KUKA connection document).
Then, if I remember well, there's a Network settings page that you can find in the configuration menu.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day.

Jeremy
Hey. I have a similar problem with KRC4 compact. I connected the network interface to the KLI port and the port on the motherboard. When connected to the KLI port, 2 IP addresses are pinged:
172.17.255.1 - Used to connect WorkVisual (the PC receives IP in this IP range 172.17.255.x)
172.31.1.147 - the IP address appearing in different manuals as the KLI address of the interface and specified in the HMI settings (for some reason, ping is stable only after the first connection it can break off later)
But in none of these cases it fails to connect to KUKAVARPROXY. I tested both RoboDK and apikuka. What could be wrong? I'm interested in the capabilities of RoboDK and I can’t check them ...
Thank you in advance.