Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

constant velocity with asymmetrical part on robot

Hi,

I have a robot sanding project question. I have an asymmetrical part mounted to the robot. I am using the path generation plugin for inventor. Is there a way to have a constant velocity at the part sanding belt interface?

Thanks in advance,

Jim
Hi All,

I was thinking of trying import cam file to see if the feed rate would come in on each point move. does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance,

Jim
Hi Jim,

This is a good question, assuming you use a permissive rounding and the points are not too close to each other, the speed of the part with respect to the the belt will be constant at your programmed speed as long as you don't change the orientation. If you want the speed to be constant while changing the orientation you may need the so-called Remote TCP option which will ensure the constant speed and the change of rotation happens at the static tool (the surface of the sanding belt). This option may not be available for all robot controllers.

In RoboDK you can split linear movements in smaller moves to make sure the TCP is in contact with the part: Select Tools-Options-Program select Maximum step size (mm) to 0.5. However, I don't know of a workaround to keep speed constant when changing the orientation.

Albert