Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

controlling / uploading code to xarm7

Hi,

I am trying to control an xarm7 (from ufactory) with RoboDK.

I have had success generating the program I want and connecting RoboDK to the controller, but I am unsure how to run the code on the arm. I have had a looked at the documentation, but it is not clear to me.

Alternatively, it would be useful to know anyone's experience on uploading the code from RoboDK directly onto the robot using uFactory studio.

I am using the xarm6 for simulation as the 7 does not appear to be available and I'm hoping the robot controller will be able to figure out the rest. (please correct me if I am wrong).

Thank you in advance for any help.

Many thanks,
Paul.
Hi,

I managed to answer my own question, but just to update those with a similar issue:

First I had to put quotation marks around the driver version as shown below, and update to the version of firmware I was using on the xarm7

DRIVER_VERSION = 'RoboDK Driver for xArm v2.2.2'

Next, I had to add "import math" here:
def MoveJ(self, joints_xyzwpr):
        global nDOFs_MIN
        joints = joints_xyzwpr[:nDOFs_MIN]
        xyzwpr = joints_xyzwpr[nDOFs_MIN:]
        import math
        jointsRad = [round(x * (math.pi / 180), 6) for x in joints[:6]] + [0]  # 6 DOF + 1 null

weather that is the best location or not, I'm not sure, but the code work and the arm moved.

Unfortunately the targets the robot moved to were not similar to the targets I set up in RoboDK, so I have made a start on setting up a new mechanism for the xarm7 and running into more issues, but I will start a new post for this.

Thank you!
Thank you for your feedback! We'll be fixing these issues with the xArm post processor with our next update next week.
(01-02-2024, 10:46 AM)Albert Wrote: Thank you for your feedback! We'll be fixing these issues with the xArm post processor with our next update next week.

and xarm7 please :)

https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-creating...axis-xarm7
Yes, sorry, we didn't forget :)