Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

get nominal speed, acceleration or name of robot

Hello

is it anyhow possible to get the nomal speed / nominal acceleration of a robot?

I download a robot from the robot library: https://robodk.com/robotlib/robotlib_app_v3 and import it into my program. In a python script, I get the robot via:

Code:
RDK = Robolink()
r_tx240 = RDK.Item("Staubli TX2-40")

Is it now possible to get the nominal speed, the nomial acceleration or the effetive name (with r_tx240.Name() I only get back the chosen name in the simulation) out of this Item named r_tx240? Are those things even safed anywhere in the object?

Thanks for your answer.
Janis
There isn't really any such thing as a nominal speeds on robots, so many variables such as payload, c of g of payload, where in the working envelope you are, if near a joint reversal, if your doing ptp or linear movement, rounding settings, and whatever else bight be configured in the robot controller itself.
Hey,
Maybe I should clarify the problem I am facing here:
In Stäubli VAL 3 (the programinglanguage for Stäubli Roboters) you are able to set the acceleration and speed of the joints. But this value is set in percentage of the nomial acceleration / nominal speed. In RoboDK, you can set the acceleration and speed of joints via setAccelerationSpeed() and setAccelerationJoints() but with absolute values. If I want to implement those values into my stäubli-program, I would need to know the nomal speed / acceleration of my robot to get the percentage of the given speed / acceleration.

If there is no way to get those numbers from the chosen robot, I could implement those numbers into my postprocessor for every given stäubli robot, but for that, I would need the exact name of the chosen Robot. As said, the .Name() method only returns the chosen name of an item, but not the name of the robot itself.
Have you checked in the manual for your robot?
(04-09-2021, 04:32 PM)colinb83 Wrote: Have you checked in the manual for your robot?

For what exactly? And yes, that's where those information about the nominal speed and acceleration comes from.
I'm not aware of any data about the robot being in the robot files other than the kinematic data.
I never did it for a Staubli, but I generally pull that information from the robot user manual.

Max joint speed is easy to find.
Max linear speed is trickier.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy

Yes, I know I could get those informations direct from the robotmanual, but I wanted to know if RoboDK already has those information included in the robot-file. But since there is no information like this, maybe you got an answer for the other question I wrote:

Can I get the name of a chosen robot? If I load a robot from the library, I can change its name to something else. e.g. if I load the TX2-40, then RoboDK will name it "Stäubli TX2-40...", but I can change that items name. Is there any chance to get the origin name if the item was change in python? somthing like this:

Code:
rRobot = RDK.Item("Stäubli NEWNAME")
rRobotName = rRobot.RobotName()
print(rRobotName)
#Prints "Stäubli RX2-40"

Is there a function something like this RobotName()?

Thanks, Janis
Hi Janis,

No, I soon as you change the name in the UI, the API will only return that specific name.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel