Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

mitsubishi robot's speed control

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to move Mitsubishi robot. When I control the speed of mitsuhbishi robot, I'm using command 'setSpeed'. It feels like it's just below this.
Code:
robot.setSpeed(50,50,50,50)

I can increase the speed to 50 or more with this command, but changing it to a number less than 50 was not slow it down any futher. speed_liner, speed_joints, accel_linear, accel_joints, no matter what number I change, it wasn't slow down. 
what should I do?
Is your goal to use the post-processor and generate the code starting from the python script you created?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(11-09-2021, 04:05 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Is your goal to use the post-processor and generate the code starting from the python script you created?

Jeremy

Thank you Jeremy. 

So far, what I'm trying to do is run a python script created on the RoboDK simulator in sync with an actual robot using the 'Run on Robot' command. 

but eventualy I want to be able to generate code and upload it to our robot.
Hi,

I just reviewed the driver source code and there's indeed an issue regarding joint speed.
The conversion from deg/sec to % goes as follows:
RDK Joint speed * 100 / 5000
We then MIN and MAX between 1 and 100.

Therefore anything below 50 will result in 1%.
We will address this in a future version, but for now you can account for it.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(11-12-2021, 06:46 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi,

I just reviewed the driver source code and there's indeed an issue regarding joint speed.
The conversion from deg/sec to % goes as follows:
RDK Joint speed * 100 / 5000
We then MIN and MAX between 1 and 100.

Therefore anything below 50 will result in 1%.
We will address this in a future version, but for now you can account for it.

Jeremy

Hi,

If speed is less than 50, it will be below the MIN value of 1%, so I can't speed down any more.

My question has been resolved! Thank you Jeremy!