Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

pick and place

I wanted to simulate pick and place from KUKA robot for which I wanted to know the time taken to pick an object and placing it.  how it can be known and in which format does it save the data.  for each object which is picked, I have to get the data and send it to MATLAB for generating optimal sequence.

please help
What Kuka robot? What is the item to be picked and placed?
Will the item be in the same position for picking or is a vision system required?

Are the items fragile or can they be moved at maximum robot velocity without damage?

The shortest path may not be the fastest path on a robot.
(04-16-2021, 11:42 PM)colinb83 Wrote: What Kuka robot? What is the item to be picked and placed?
Will the item be in the same position for picking or is a vision system required?

Are the items fragile or can they be moved at maximum robot velocity without damage?

The shortest path may not be the fastest path on a robot.

for now, the objects are solid waste material and the vision system will be there to tell the coordinates of the object.
If you need to provide data to MATLAB I would recommend you to look at a Python Script called "CycleTimeDisplay". You can find it in "C:/RoboDK/Library/Scripts".

There's also an API for MATLAB, that could help you hook up both together.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel