Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

problem when running a simulation in a real kuka robot

Hi
I have a problem when running a simulation in a real kuka robot, I think it has to do with the orientation of the axes, when running programs developed in robodk only with targets the real robot moves the same as the simulation, the code is generated in PTP instruction.
but when created with solid works and robodk the instructions become LIN and the robot does not move as in the simulation.

In the photo of the program loaded to the controller it moves correctly to line 21, from line 22 there are movements in the real robot that do not resemble those of the simulation.

I attach a video and simulation

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   ROBODK.zip (Size: 7.21 MB / Downloads: 461)
Hi dmmaya,

As you may see on your teach pendant, the difference between PTP and LIN movement is the type of movement and the input parameter.
PTP are MoveJ and the inputs are the joints values.
LIN are MoveL and the inputs are cartesian coordinates and orientation.

If the base frame of the robot and the reference frame of RoboDK are not set according to one another, the LIN movements won't work.
Did you try creating a program only using the robot? Without involving the external axes? Did that work?

Have a great day.
Jeremy
Hi
How can I configure the robot base and the RoboDK reference frame with each other?
I created a program only with the robot without external axes and it worked well, but when trying to add the KUKA 1000-2 rail and the table I have problems with the orientation of the physical robot, this is the simulation of the robot alone and the other simulation with the external axes where there are faults

Attached Files
.rdk   3 axis.rdk (Size: 580.71 KB / Downloads: 482)
.rdk   robot alone.rdk (Size: 511.58 KB / Downloads: 466)
You should properly configure RoboDK and the controller so that both definitions of the base coordinate system match.

What happens if you run the program with the linear rail?
It may help if you can send an image or a video showing where the robot is trying to go.
Does it work if you run a program simulated with the robot alone?
How can I make the correct configuration of the base definitions match? in the real robot the base 0 coincides with the home position of the rail that is the base in robodk

when we execute the program only with the linear rail the same thing happens as if the 8 axes were coupled, as shown in the video "Video_runing_Rectangular2"

when running the robot alone there is no problem

the actual positions as shown in the photograph "real robot cartesian position" do not match those indicated in the simulation code, this photograph was captured on line 22 of the code generated by robodk and loaded to the controller, we believe it may be due to a conflict in the ABC rotary axes

in the other file only with the rail there are similar problems

Attached Files
.zip   RoboDK.zip (Size: 19.89 MB / Downloads: 454)
After a quick look, it feels like there is a mismatch between the orientation of the turntable reference frame in RoboDK and in real life.
You should be able to check if both systems are the same by simply jogging the robot in real life and in RDK and checking if the orientations of XYZ are the same in both cases.
You need to make sure that you are traveling within the same reference frame, in the real world and in RoboDK.

Maybe Albert will be able to add more.
Jeremy
I check the XYZ orientations and solve the difference between the cartesian points and joints in the real and simulated, but I get different cartesian values when running the simulation in the real robot, the simulated positions with the real ones do not coincide again

how can i solve that problem?

Attached Files
.zip   simulated vs real.zip (Size: 11.72 MB / Downloads: 534)
Hi dmmaya, 

With the pictures you provided I was able to reverse engineer the position of the Base in the Kuka controller. See picture:

You should be able to find a section on the teach pendant where you can find the position of the base of the robot.
Have you ever seen that? You should also be able to see the TCP value. 

Later in the process, you will need to make sure that the base is attached to the turntable, which doesn't seem to be the case right now. 

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy, I think you reviewed the previous files, I updated the files and I could match the real Cartesian values with those of the simulation

Quote:
Quote:dmmayaI check the XYZ orientations and solve the difference between the cartesian points and joints in the real and simulated, but I get different cartesian values when running the simulation in the real robot, the simulated positions with the real ones do not coincide again

how can i solve that problem?
Hi Jeremy

I made the changes without the turntable and they were favorable, they coincided with the real values of the robot, but when loading the turntable I have problems again, how could I orientate the axes well to match and attached the base to the turntable

Thanks!

Attached Files
.zip   RoboDK.zip (Size: 13.1 MB / Downloads: 473)