Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

robolink.Robolink.Spray_Add

I've got a few questions about the `Spray_Add` method of `robolink.Robolink`. I know some of these could be easily answered by trial, but I haven't been able to create a working example yet.

1. Is it required to spray from an object of type `robolink.ITEM_TYPE_TOOL`, or is it possible to spray from any object, such as a reference frame? If not, can you recommend any workarounds for spraying without creating a tool in my workstation?
2. When the particles are projected after being created, which direction to they project? For example, do they follow any of the `robolink.PROJECTION_xxx` flags such as `robolink.PROJECTION_CLOSEST`? Is this configurable?

I'm also having some trouble figuring out how to get the results I want from the parameter options.

Let's say I want to spray 10 drops of paint, each modeled as 1mm diameter spheres modeled using 18 facets, each 5mm apart. My best guess would be that I should use the following:
`params = 'PROJECT PARTICLE=SPHERE(1,18) STEP=10x1 RAND=0 RECTANGLE'`
I am not sure how to specify the spacing (5mm) of the particles and this command is putting down some particles in my workstation, but it's definitely not doing what I want. (It appears to be putting down exactly one particle, far from where my tool is.
The spray object should be linked to a tool and it uses the Z axis of the tool as the reference to project particles. Alternatively, you can use an object and it will use the Z axis of the reference of the object.

Also, particles follow a conical shape (I believe it is hard coded), instead, you can use multiple tools (then can be hidden). And each tool can have the TCP at a different location and have the Z axis pointing towards a different location (having a 1x1 step).

The projection is not configurable. We'll try to improve the Spray object and allow you to better provide all these commands.
Hi Albert, thanks for the information. Looks like it's possible to load empty STL's as objects, so that workaround is fairly painless.

Looking at it a little more, for my application, this example of drawing an SVG is a more appropriate solution, so I'll proceed in that direction instead of the spray gun.
Excellent! Thank you for your feedback.

You should also be able to use AddFile with an empty string to create an empty object as a generic container.

Example:
Code:
item = RDK.AddFile("")
item.setName("Empty object")