Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

strange behaviour on Ubuntu

I've encountered a problem that some API call are not working on Ubuntu from Python. There is a code, which works correctly on Windows and doesn't work at all on Ubuntu 18.04.2.

First of all, it is not possible to launch RoboDK programmatically from Python code. It's just hanging terminal and nothing happens, even no error code or so. The only way is to launch RoboDK manually with .sh on desktop.

The second problem is that render disabling is not working. Am using such code:
Code:
RDK = Robolink()
RDK.Render(False)

It's working on Windows, but no at all on Ubuntu. In Ubuntu viewport remains working. So all actions are being showed in viewport. Since I am running quite huge amount of simulation I would like to speed up process as much as possible and this problem is making linux-setup useless.
You can start RoboDK in Ubuntu by doing something like this:

Code:
import os
import subprocess

# Change directory to RoboDK's default install folder
os.chdir('~/RoboDK')

# Start RoboDK
subprocess.Popen(['sh','RoboDK-Start.sh'])

We'll improve the API so that the Python API automatically detects RoboDK if it has been installed in the default folder.
You can start RoboDK in Ubuntu by doing something like this:

Code:
import os
import subprocess

# Change directory to RoboDK's default install folder
os.chdir('~/RoboDK')

# Start RoboDK
subprocess.Popen(['sh','RoboDK-Start.sh'])

We'll improve the API so that the Python API automatically detects RoboDK if it has been installed in the default folder.
Thanks for that solution with automatic running of robodk. However, the second part with render disabling is much more problematic. Is there are any potential solution for that? Maybe I can somehow modify that .sh file to pass arguments? However, I have found how to pass arguments only for windows version here:https://robodk.com/doc/en/RoboDK-API.html#CommandLine
On Ubuntu, make sure to pass the arguments using a dash (-), not a slash (/). If you have a professional license you can contact us at info@robodk.com and we'll look into completely hiding RoboDK with the -NOUI option. In that case we'll need more information about your requirements.