Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

targets that are pre created by software are not reachable

Hello,
we are testing a program that creates targets based on an object. In this case a pipe.
We have now included a 7th axis to the system, but now the robot cant reach any targets that are in motion range of the axis.

We need help to fix it. We tried out many ways to fix it but nothing has worked. We think that the 7th axis is not recognized by the targets.

We faced the same issue without the axis too. but that was because there was not the correct robot while creating the targets. Even if it displayed that the target is reachable, it didnt position at the right location.

We would appriciate your help!

Thank you!

Attached Files
.rdk   Linearachse_UR3e_Pipe_MoveL_KLP (2).rdk (Size: 5.86 MB / Downloads: 117)
Please attach the "Pipe_Frame" frame to the "Linearachse Basis" frame.
When teaching targets, the parent frame ("Pipe_Frame" in your case) should be selected in the station tree.
Using intermediate joint-type targets can help to be confident in the robot's configuration

I attached your station where "Linearachse Basis" is the parent frame for "Pipe_Frame" and test targets (51, 52, 53, 54) are created

Attached Files
.rdk   Linearachse_UR3e_Pipe_MoveL_KLP (2)_md.rdk (Size: 5.86 MB / Downloads: 99)
(11-27-2023, 07:18 AM)Sergei Wrote: Please attach the "Pipe_Frame" frame to the "Linearachse Basis" frame.
When teaching targets, the parent frame ("Pipe_Frame" in your case) should be selected in the station tree.
Using intermediate joint-type targets can help to be confident in the robot's configuration

I attached your station where "Linearachse Basis" is the parent frame for "Pipe_Frame" and test targets (51, 52, 53, 54) are created

Thank you Sergej,

is there a way to refresh the existing targets? or do we have to create completely new targets?
If i understood correctly we have to create the targets inside the pipe frame target, but it has to be attached to the linearachse basis frame.
Quote:If i understood correctly we have to create the targets inside the pipe frame target, but it has to be attached to the linearachse basis frame.

Yes, that's correct

Quote:is there a way to refresh the existing targets? or do we have to create completely new targets?

By attaching the tube frame to the base frame of the linear rail, we just prevent the tube frame from moving when the linear rail moves.
I believe you need to re-teach the targets anyway so that you can record the correct ext. axis value in each of the targets and be sure of reachability.