Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

triggering issue with external motor

Hello,

I'm using both a UR5 and UR10 with cameras mounted to the end to capture images of an object from various angles. Both robots are mounted on a turntable that is controlled by a Teknic Clearpath motor via the i/o on the UR5 controller. In order to trigger the motor a short on/off/on pulse is required. I created a simple program to test the 4 rotation values stored in the motor, but the motor is not being triggered consistently. It will rotate multiple times in row, then stop working, only to work again a short time later. Is there a better way to setup the i/o in RDK to better manage the pulse signal? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Mike
Are you sending this commands while working with your robot online or exporting a program with a Post Processor?
(08-16-2022, 06:28 AM)Alex Wrote: Are you sending this commands while working with your robot online or exporting a program with a Post Processor?

the issue happens when I'm using both the teach pendant and sending commands from RDK. It's likely an issue with the timing of the pulse, as I can see that the enable input on the motor is being asserted(LED changes color), so it is receiving the signal from the DO on the robot controller. I just want to be sure that there isn't a setting in RDK that I need to change.

Mike
You should be able to create a pulse by activating a digital output, waiting for a few milliseconds and then changing the state of the digital output again. The attached image shows an example and the sample code it would generate.