Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

waterjet 3D cutting

Hello colleagues,

we are attempting to employ staubli TX90 robot arm for 3D waterjet cutting operation...for current development  we are using fusion 360 and robodk for programming.
do we have a possibility to adjust/change vector attack angle (default is allways paraller to target surfaces)?
...as you see in the pictures penetrated jet will touch/damage component.

many thanks in advance,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There are many ways to do this.

One of them is in your Curve Follow Project, you can add path to tool offset.

Another very interesting option is to change the orientation of the TCP so that the Z-axis does not point directly out of the cutter along the central axis.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hello giedrius,[url=https://robodk.com/forum/User-giedrius9999][/url]

may I ask you please to share the Waterjet ON/Off scripts as an example to use CS8 IO ports? The robok team did not implemented yet a working solution to use the dio on cs8 controller. 

Thank you in advance,
Eduard

may I as

asfasf
(03-18-2022, 05:57 PM)Alex Wrote: There are many ways to do this.

Hi Alex,

many thanks for this!
Could I adjust the tool attack angle on the same toolpath for two or more segments differently (please see the picture, lets say -15° and 15°) ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

To do so, you would need to change the normals of the path directly.
You can split your curve into sections and then modify the normal direction.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...CCTdy-p7GW
Take a look at the videos in the Excel sheet, module 13.
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Unbelievable!!! ...total control of toolpath!... many thanks Jeremy for so clear explanation!
...would be possible to access the library also and later? ...a lot of interesing topics very well explained

(03-21-2022, 03:30 PM)eduardsik Wrote: Hello giedrius,[url=https://robodk.com/forum/User-giedrius9999][/url]

may I ask you please to share the Waterjet ON/Off scripts as an example to use CS8 IO ports? The robok team did not implemented yet a working solution to use the dio on cs8 controller. 

Thank you in advance,
Eduard

Hello Eduard,

Waterjet ON/OFF scripts are only changed names form examples of tutorials, not implemented yet...when they will be finished i will share.
After generating code from robodk to VAL3 I control dio/aio from VAL3 code inserting additional rows manually.

Best,
Giedrius

may I as

asfasf

(03-21-2022, 03:59 PM)giedrius9999 Wrote:
(03-18-2022, 05:57 PM)Alex Wrote: There are many ways to do this.

Hi Alex,

many thanks for this!
Could I adjust the tool attack angle on the same toolpath for two or more segments differently (please see the picture, lets say -15° and 15°) ?
yeah, it will be there for a long time.
Until we create a proper section in the documentation with those in fact.

Jeremy

(03-21-2022, 03:30 PM)eduardsik Wrote: Hello giedrius,[url=https://robodk.com/forum/User-giedrius9999][/url]

Thank you in advance,
Eduard

Hello Eduard,

Waterjet ON/OFF scripts are only changed names form examples of tutorials, not implemented yet...when they will be finished i will share.
After generating code from robodk to VAL3 I control dio/aio from VAL3 code inserting additional rows manually.

Best,
Giedrius

may I as

asfasf

Thanks! Aren't you controlling IO ports from robodk yet?
Yes, in theory, we are.

You don't see them in the generated program?

Jeremy