Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ABB IRC5 postprocessor

Hi,

I make a station with turntable and I wonder if that postprocessor generate code to robot and to turntable at once. I already had synchronize the external axes in RoboDK and code looks fine, but I don't have the real robot to check how it works. Can you tell me if I had only this postprocessor that synchronization will work in reality?

Best regards,
Piotr
Hi Piotr,

Using that post processor should work.
The Move (J, L, C) will include value for the external axis.
When you have access to the robot, you will need to make sure setup in the controller match the setup in RoboDK and in the Post processor.
This setup can be done through the free version of RobotStudio.
Take a look at things like the mechanical unit name.

Have a great day.
Jeremy
Hi again,
I'm realy new in RobotStudio. Can you tell me more about how to load program from RoboDK to RobotStudio. Or maybye you have some documents or links, which include some information.

Best regards,
Piotr
Hi Piotr,

RoboDK will create a .MOD file when you "Generate robot program".
This is simply a text file that can be loaded in RobotStudio.

In RobotStudio you will find a tab called "RAPID" (or something like that). On the left side of the screen you should see the station tree. You can right click on your project and select "Load module".
Simply select the .MOD RoboDK created and it will be loaded in RobotStudio.
You will then be able to load that program on your robot controller.

Have a great day.
Hi,
Thank's for reply. I can already load module to RobotStudio and try to check program but I found an issue in code generated by postprocessor. Postprocessor generate value 0 on the end on every spindel speed comand, as it is in attachment.

Best regards,
Piotr

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you attach your RDK station please?

Jeremy
Yes, sure. Here you are. It's a trial station from library.

Piotr

Attached Files
.rdk   ABB_test.rdk (Size: 2.51 MB / Downloads: 485)
I see,
This is normal, the added 0 is simply the first decimal of the function parameter that is transferred.
So instead of passing a float to the robot controller, we simply pass a integer (the original float multiplied by 10).

To activate the rotation of your spindle from the controller, you will have to create a SetRPM(param) function in the robot controller.
In that function, you can start by dividing the param by 10 and you will retrieve the original value.

Have a great day.
Jeremy