Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ABB virtual controller connection

Hello,

I read several information about real robot connection in the forum. But is it possible to make a connection between RoboDK and an ABB virtual controller? 

In my ABB virtual controller PC Interface option is activated and the IP address of the controller is 192.168.125.1

I have attached pack&go and robodk station to check it. An error message also appears in the abb teach pendant: "Socket error - the specified address is invalid. The only valid addresses are the LAN address of the controller or the service port address, 192.168.125.1"

here the attachments
I believe you forgot to attach your files.

I never tested connecting to a virtual robot using ABB RobotStudio. Did you try setting the IP to "localhost" or "127.0.0.1"?

Or you can also try with a valid IP address on your computer.
Hello,

I hope the files are correctly attached now. I tryied with localhost and IP 127.0.0.1 and I looked at which port we can connect to robotstudio by netstat in cmd. I am guessing it was port 5354. But roboDK can not connect. Maybe, I am doing something wrong. 

We added RoboDK as an exclusive to allow the program going through the firewall. I can't disable firewall in my company laptop due to company policies. 

You said you never tried to connect robodk to robotstudio. So, the option to connect to the robot (https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Calibrat...robot.html) is only valid for a real robot controller?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rdk   test1.rdk (Size: 3.25 MB / Downloads: 236)
.zip   RoboDK_test1.zip (Size: 4.06 MB / Downloads: 223)
We only did it with the real robot, but it doesn't mean it's not possible with Robotstudio, just that we never tried.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel