Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Approach and Retract on every point

I believe i have a very simple request but it has defeated me so far. I would like to load a set of points and for the robot to move to the first point, approach then retract move to the next approach position move into the point and retract so on and so on accross all the points (we have a pen and are making up images from points). What it is doing is following the points drawing lines from on point to another.

Thank you for the help and a wonderful product.
I recomend you to look into a point follow project. A point follow project works like a curve follow project but allows you to have an approach and retract strategy for each point. You can load points and curves as CSV files or TXT files. You can simply load them as a matrix of coordinates (Nx3 or Nx6 if you want to include normals).

Another option is to implement a custom solution using the API. This example shows a proof of concept to follow a set of points:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/exam...rogram-xyz
(02-08-2024, 11:14 PM)Albert Wrote: I recomend you to look into a point follow project. A point follow project works like a curve follow project but allows you to have an approach and retract strategy for each point. You can load points and curves as CSV files or TXT files. You can simply load them as a matrix of coordinates (Nx3 or Nx6 if you want to include normals).

Another option is to implement a custom solution using the API. This example shows a proof of concept to follow a set of points:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/exam...rogram-xyz

Hi thank you for the help. I have loaded the points, it is the strategy for retracting on every point i needed a little help with. I have got as far as trying to create a program that will move in one direction 100mm on every point and loading that in 'Program Events' in the toolpath settings. What I'm struggling with, is how to move it relative to its constantly changing poisition and if this is even the best strategy.

Attached Files
.rdk   24.02_Ando_AiDrawingPoints_v5.rdk (Size: 837.08 KB / Downloads: 49)
I recommend you to set the approach and retract strategy in the Point follow project and do not perform other movements in the programs triggered by Program Events. Instead, you can trigger actions with your Program events that will communicate certain actions with digital outputs for examle (such as activating a drill or a gripper).

I attached a sample project with these modifications and a print screen with some sample approach/retract settings for each point.

Attached Files
.rdk   24.02_Ando_AiDrawingPoints_v6.rdk (Size: 837.49 KB / Downloads: 46)