Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CALIBRATION WITH LEICA AT-960

I make the base a tool setup and the tracker measure correctly, with aparrently good result

But when I tried to make the calibration, the tracker moves to the right position as the robot but the tracker doesn´t measure, on the log file appear the next:

And the measure stops. If you select follow target is able to make measures, and when the measurement is not visible if you select automatically search, the tracker point to the reflector but is not able to measure and after 10 seconds goes to the next position without measuring the previous one.
You have to stop the measure and start again to take the point.

Hope anyone can find the solution.
This issue is probably related to the issue you mentioned previously here:
https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-LEICA-AT-402-CONNECTION

It looks like your tracker has some measurement requests in the queue and it ignores new measurement requests.
Hi Albert,

We are usin v5.4.1 version of RoboDK and with the Leica AT-960 tracker is able to measure discrete points or is able to measure the base setup and Tool setup, but when we start the calibration measure, the tracker points correctly and the robot position on the correct way but the tracker doesn´t measure. The calibration program stops. It seems that breaking the laser beam generate this problem.

How can I solve it?
Does it work if you select the "Automatically search" option? Or does it work when you manually force the search?

I assume you are using the Python driver LeicaTrackerPilot.py.
Yes, I am using the driver LeicaTrackerPilot.py. In the newest version of RoboDK I cant choose the driver (v5.4.1).

With the option FOLLOW TARGET deactivated, the tracker point at the correct position but is not able to lock and measure, You have to stopped the measure, and start again.

With the option FOLLOW TARGER activated, the tracker follow the reflector and if is able to watch the reflector during the moving of the robot is able to measure.

If due to the movement of the robot the tracker lose the reflector with the option SEARCH AUTOMATICALLY the tracker point the reflector again but is no able to measure, You have to stop the measure and start again.