Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Call Plugin command from robot program

Question 
Is there a way to call a (blocking) plugin-command from a robot program?

A little background to my question: In the example Synchronize-3-Robots, a python script is used for the synchronization of the three robot programs. The invocation of the python script however takes considerable time. Since I was already able to improve the performance of my application by moving from the C# API to a C++ plugin (about factor 60) I was thinking whether the synchronization of the simulation could also be performed internally (within the plugin).

Best regards,

Michael
Hi Michael,

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but you can call a C++ plugin from the Python script, which can be called from a Program.
See https://robodk.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/robo...ginCommand
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
Hi Sam,

what I am looking for is a way to do this, but without the Python script in between (because to me it seems that launching the Python interpreter takes quite some time).

Best regards,

Michael
Hi Michael,

What are you trying to do exactly?

Only Python scripts can be called with a Program Call Instruction from a RoboDK Program.
Calling a RoboDK Plug-In from the Python script should not take longer than a few milliseconds.

Code:
from robolink import *
RDK = Robolink()
resp = RDK.PluginCommand("MyPlugin", plugin_command='DoSomething', value='WithThisValue')
print(resp)

You stated that you need blocking function calls, so the following might not apply: you can also use event-based code with Plug-Ins to update the robot poses on each render for instance.
See https://github.com/RoboDK/Plug-In-Interf...odk.h#L212.
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.