Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can't move ABB YuMi IRB14000 Dual Arm with respect to tool as expected

I downloaded this model (https://robodk.com/robot/ABB/YuMi-IRB-14000-Dual-Arm) but the robot doesn't move normally when holding alt and trying to move the robot along any plane using the GUI. It appears to jump around and I've tried adding a TCP but still have the same issue. It works normally when manipulating each individual joint in the robot panel though. Any help/suggestions?
Right-click your robot->Options->Parameters->Inverse Kinematics->Use iterative kinematics.
Also, use a tool and not the mechanism from the gripper to drag the robot.
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
(05-30-2023, 06:15 PM)Sam Wrote: Right-click your robot->Options->Parameters->Inverse Kinematics->Use iterative kinematics.

Ah ok, I believe I need a license to access these options. I will get one and try. Thank you
(05-30-2023, 06:15 PM)Sam Wrote: Right-click your robot->Options->Parameters->Inverse Kinematics->Use iterative kinematics.

I used this 'trick' and it seems working but why the inverse kinematics is not working since it is working for all the other robots? Does the iterative kinematics will impact on the movement of the robot?
The inverse kinematics takes a bit longer to calculate and it may not always find exact or deterministic solutions, mostly in the viccinity of a singularity.

You can configure the parameters of the algorithm by selecting Parameters in the robot panel menu. Then, select Options in the inverse kinematics section.
(06-14-2023, 10:03 AM)Albert Wrote: The inverse kinematics takes a bit longer to calculate and it may not always find exact or deterministic solutions, mostly in the viccinity of a singularity.

You can configure the parameters of the algorithm by selecting Parameters in the robot panel menu. Then, select Options in the inverse kinematics section.

Does this imply that the path and solution that simulated Yumi will actually choose won't be the same as a real Yumi?
We are not sure, I believe that in the viccinity of singularities you can experience different behavior.