Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cannot connect to KUKA robot

I am using a KR C4 controller running Windows 10 and a KR 20 1810-2 robot (which is not connected now). The controller is running HMI version 8.6.6. I am following the "RoboDK driver for KUKA" section of documentation (at https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-KUKA-Ro...-KUKA.html). I just finished step 5 of the instructions (nginx.exe was not running). 

My computer is directly connected to the controller using ethernet. The IP addresses of both the controller and my computer have been set manually. My computer is 172.20.116.103 and the controller is 172.20.116.102. I get the following message when I try to connect:

Quote:Sending command...
Trying connection
172.20.116.102:7000...
Not connected 
I monitored the connection with Wireshark and get the following messages:

Any idea what could be wrong?
Did you do this?

Since 2020, new KUKA KRC4 controllers use Windows 10 IOT. If your controller is using Windows 10 you should stop the process nginx.exe before starting the KUKAVARPROXY application to allow using the port 7000.
Do you get a response when you ping the IP?

also I assume its a C4 control not the compact control? can you ping out from the robot control and see any other devices on the network?
(03-22-2021, 10:22 PM)colinb83 Wrote: Did you do this?

Since 2020, new KUKA KRC4 controllers use Windows 10 IOT. If your controller is using Windows 10 you should stop the process nginx.exe before starting the KUKAVARPROXY application to allow using the port 7000.
Yes, I checked for that process. There was no process with that name running on my controller. It is running Windows 10 though.

(03-23-2021, 10:03 AM)colinb83 Wrote: Do you get a response when you ping the IP?

also I assume its a C4 control not the compact control? can you ping out from the robot control and see any other devices on the network?
Yes, I get a response. It is the standard C4 controller. I will try pinging my computer from the controller now.
The 8.6 KRC4 runs win 10 IOT its just Microsofts new name for embedded, did you reboot the control when you edited the config file?

Just make sure the new settings are definitely in the config file, I vaguely remember KRC not allowing me to write to it while it was running, I might have done it via a monitor and keyboard with the HMI shut down
(03-23-2021, 01:46 PM)colinb83 Wrote: The 8.6 KRC4 runs win 10 IOT its just Microsofts new name for embedded, did you reboot the control when you edited the config file?

Just make sure the new settings are definitely in the config file, I vaguely remember KRC not allowing me to write to it while it was running, I might have done it via a monitor and keyboard with the HMI shut down

It is working today! I don't think I changed any settings since I last tested it yesterday, so I am not sure what fixed it.
It might have been a cold reboot that did it, anyway glad to hear you got it sorted