Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Confusion about RoboDK with Fanuc

Hello all,
I am trying to control my Fanuc LR Mate 200iD 4s robot arm using my laptop, and figured that RoboDK's online programming would be the best method to do so. Unfortunately, I have come across several errors along the way. I began by reading the basic guide and watched the videos, and ultimately learned how to use the RoboDK software to create programs both through the graphical editor and with python. Now I would like to connect my laptop and robot arm, but keep running into issues. I see on the RoboDK software there is an option called "connect to robot", which takes me to a screen in which I can input the Robot IP/COM and Robot port. I do not know what these two are. I connected the R-30iB controller to the router through Ethernet, and am not sure if I am on the right path. I believe that I also need to download the RoboDK driver for Fanuc, which is done through flash drive into the teachpendant. I ran into troubles whilst doing this since my teachpendant didn't give me the ability to download the files through USB. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi there,

Did you read this section of the online documentation : https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-Fanuc.html#Fanuc

Have a great day.
Jeremy