Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connect COMAU NJ 60-2.2 to RoboDK

Hi RoboDk,

I am not able to connect the COMAU NJ 60-2.2 to RoboDK. When I ping the robotIP it succeeds. However, when I try to connect, I first receive a connection status saying "working" and then "stopped". Please let me know what I am doing wrong, I would really appreciate any help. 

Starting robot driver: /Applications/RoboDK.app/Contents/MacOS/apicomau.py
Starting...
RoboDK Driver v2.0 for Comau robot controllers
Disconnected
Sending command...
Connecting to robot 192.168.1.100:3
Working...
Unexpected error: Traceback (most recent call last):
Unexpected error: File "/Applications/RoboDK.app/Contents/MacOS/apicomau.py", line 29, in <module>
Unexpected error: RunMain()
Unexpected error: File "C:\RoboDK\api\robot\apicomau.py", line 545, in RunMain
Unexpected error: File "C:\RoboDK\api\robot\apicomau.py", line 365, in RunDriver
Unexpected error: File "C:\RoboDK\api\robot\apicomau.py", line 401, in RunCommand
Unexpected error: File "C:\RoboDK\api\robot\apicomau.py", line 258, in RobotConnect
Unexpected error: File "C:\RoboDK\api\robot\apicomau.py", line 121, in connect
Unexpected error: ConnectionRefusedError: [Errno 61] Connection refused
Stopped

Kind regards,
Christopher Bierach 
The Comau driver needs a file running on the robot controller. You should contact us by email at info@robodk.com to obtain these driver files for your Comau robot.

You should still be able to generate valid Comau PDL file for your robot controller by generating programs. You can find more information about program generation here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Programs...ateProgram
Thank you for your reply Albert. 

I have sent an email as requested to receive the files. 

At the moment, when I send the program to the robot I receive this answer: " Generating Program.../users/.../.../.../... connection to 192.168.1.100 failed: 530 login failed." Then I get a second reply saying: "Generating program ... Done: 1 files and folders successfully transferred". So, from here my only option is to use a USB stick and copy paste the PDL file into the teaching pendant to further translate it into a COD file. However, when I try to translate the file, I receive this message: "FT UD: \usr\... 17566-0: severe error detected, so aborting translation" 

Do you have any idea why this is happening? Thank you in advance. 

Kind regards,
Christopher Bierach
That error means that the file was can be loaded but it can't be converted to comau code for some reason, when you manually trigger a translate you should get a .err file in the same folder that will elaborate on the exact cause of the error, for comau we have a post processor for generating Nodal and Modal style code depending on how your robot is configured