Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connecting to HCR robot

Hello
I am unable to establish connection between HCR robot and RoboDK.
Does anyone know if it is it possible to connect RoboDK with HCR robots (HCR-3, HCR-5 or HCR-12)?
I noticed, that when connecting to the robot, the default driver used is called HCR-3Driver, but there is no such file in RoboDK directory.
I attached screens from RoboDK

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

As far as I know, we don't have a driver for the HCR robots.

In most cases, a driver is not your best option to program a robot offline.
You should use the post-processor to generate code and load it on the controller.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hello Jeremy,

Offline programing works for HCR robots just fine (apart from rounding instructions). We already did few aplications using that.  
Now i was trying the online programing (I needed to adjust robot position in roboDK according to physical layout of the workspace without creating 3D model). 
Do you plan to create HCR driver, or is that something that i should contact the HCR manufactuer for?
It's not something we were planning to work on.
But if you are willing to put in a bit of time, I could point you in the right direction on how to create such driver.

I could also help you add the rounding to the HCR post-processor.
I assume you own a professional license. If so, go to "help"->"Request support" and send us an email asking it to be transferred to me.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(12-16-2021, 12:47 PM)Jeremy Wrote: It's not something we were planning to work on.
But if you are willing to put in a bit of time, I could point you in the right direction on how to create such driver.

I could also help you add the rounding to the HCR post-processor.
I assume you own a professional license. If so, go to "help"->"Request support" and send us an email asking it to be transferred to me.

Jeremy

Thank you for the reply. I do have a license, so i will contact you via support request.