Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Controlling external servo motors with RoboDK

Hi, we have one project where we have no robot but instead we have connected 8 servo motors to KUKA KRC4 cabinet and we are trying to control those with KUKA SmartPad. I found some threads about controlling external axis in forum and I was wondering if we could use RoboDK in this project.

If I understood right this can be done by modifying post processor but I´m not familiar with Python. Is there some other way to do that? Maybe I can create a rotating axis, add 8 of those in station and control them as individual external axis?
Maybe, but I have to say that you are on your own on this one (it's clearly out of the standard usage of RoboDK we support) and I can't guarantee any result.
And it would definitely require a good amount of Python coding, and not just for the post-processor.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Okay, thanks for replying. Maybe we will stick with traditional programming then.