Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Controlling multiple robots

Is it possible to control more than one robot in RoboDK where a supervisory PLC is used to monitor and coordinate the movement between robots?.
From a simulation perspective or with real robots?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(02-18-2021, 04:28 PM)Jeremy Wrote: From a simulation perspective or with real robots?

Jeremy

From simulation perspective where modeled robots perform what real robots do, as in a digital  twin. But two robots
Are you planning on using a real PLC or a PLC simulator? Or simulating one in another way?

RoboDK has an OPC UA feature that could help you. I would recommend you to search out the forum for more info.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(02-18-2021, 07:42 PM)Deo Kibira Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 04:28 PM)Jeremy Wrote: From a simulation perspective or with real robots?

Jeremy

From simulation perspective where modeled robots perform what real robots do, as in a digital  twin. But two robots

Thank you, Yes. I was thinking of using a real PLC to issue commands for my virtual robots in a collaborative way
Ok good, therefore I think that OPC UA is your best bet.

Jeremy