Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Creating Smooth Paths?

Is there a way to create smooth paths in online programming? In examples, I've seen paths are done by interpolating many points between two targets, but when run in online programming the delay between these points causes non-smooth movement as there is a pause at each point. Is there any program instruction to rectify this?
There is a rounding option in rdk.

It might help more if you explain your application, and robot systems you are using
Hi

This seems like a rounding issue. Without the use of rounding instruction, robot stops at each target point. Try changing that and see if you get a different result.
Let us know if you get stuck.

Checkout the setRounding instruction documentation here: https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Programs...value.html
Hi,

I connected RoboDK V5.2.4 to Meca500 R3 v8.1.9, I have the same issue described earlier. I am using the curve follow project when the robot holds the object, I increased the SerRounding to 20 but the robot keeps stopping at each position. I wouldn't put 20mm in the real path to not loose accuracy, I would put around 1mm just to not stop the robot, but actually the robot keeps stopping.

Do you have any suggestion about the situation ?

Best regards
If you use the live connection with the robot, you can't have fluid motion.
This is caused by a mandatory handshake between RoboDK and the robot at the end of each move.

To reach fluid motion, you need to generate the program and load it on the controller.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(07-23-2021, 06:12 PM)Jeremy Wrote: If you use the live connection with the robot, you can't have fluid motion.
This is caused by a mandatory handshake between RoboDK and the robot at the end of each move.

To reach fluid motion, you need to generate the program and load it on the controller.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, Mamara-

I have encountered what sounds like the same issue, also with the Meca500-R3.  This is for a fluid dispense application.  In the RoboDK environment, the motion appears smooth.  Running the program "live" from the controller, the motion is still stop-and-go rather than smooth.  It's a real problem for a constant flow fluid applicator, creating an uneven bead.  Rounding (3,5, even 10) does not appear to help.  This is a small part, less than 50mm at the widest point.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thank You,

-hdh
Update: The rounding value is the fix in my case. It appeared that the code in the controller was not updating when I ran the robot from the windows interface (it just kept running the last program downloaded to the controller). My changes to rounding value were not taking effect. Once this was understood, downloading the code with the new rounding value to the controller improved the smoothness of the curve motion considerably.
OK, great.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel