Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Curve created with Fusion 360 is not normal to the selected faces

The exported Fusion 360 curve is not normal to the surface. The following are my settings:

Above is the imported curve from RoboDK. There are only 3 points for exported Fusion360 curve, and its direction is not normal to the selected surface.

Am I missing some settings? Or, is this a Fusin360 Plug-in bug?

-Yishin
Hi Yishin,

Since it is a small fillet, I suggest you lower the Linear Tolerance value in the Polyline Curve Setting to 0.01mm.

Let me know if that fixed your issue.

Olivier

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-21-2021, 06:16 PM)Olivier Wrote: Since it is a small fillet, I suggest you lower the Linear Tolerance value in the Polyline Curve Setting to 0.01mm.
The curve direction are still incorrect. They are not normal to the selected faces. Should I update some RoboDK settings?
Fusion f3d file is attached. Please help clarify if you can have curves normal to the faces for this file. 

Attached Files
.zip   9707-MG348-corners v4.zip (Size: 122.64 KB / Downloads: 341)
.zip   9707-MG348-corners-v4-f3d.zip (Size: 122.65 KB / Downloads: 397)
Hi ysli,

Was the part made with fusion360 ?

Olivier
(04-22-2021, 06:34 PM)Olivier Wrote: Was the part made with fusion360 ?

No, it was converted from a STEP file provided by our clients. And, I have no idea what it was made with.

-Yishin
(04-22-2021, 10:08 PM)ysli Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 06:34 PM)Olivier Wrote: Was the part made with fusion360 ?

No, it was converted from a STEP file provided by our clients. And, I have no idea what it was made with.

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your hint. I got workaround by creating a new face and curve with Fusion 360 to resolve my issue.

Is it possible for your Fusion360 plug-in to deal with imported 3D models?
We have a lot of STEP files provided by clients for grinding.

-Yishin 

Hi Yishin,

We will look into it.
We discovered that issue when we created the Fusion plugin, the bug is in fact a Fusion bug and not a RoboDK one.

We will see it a fix was made available by Fusion.
(Note: not all imported surfaces are problematic, some work, some don't...)

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(04-23-2021, 02:57 PM)Jeremy Wrote: We will look into it.
We discovered that issue when we created the Fusion plugin, the bug is in fact a Fusion bug and not a RoboDK one.

We will see it a fix was made available by Fusion.
(Note: not all imported surfaces are problematic, some work, some don't...)
Hi Jeremy,

I tried  to convert that STEP file with Rhinoceros 5.0, and send it to Fusion for RoboDK. Still, got no luck. It's normal vector is incorrect.

Is there a link about this Fusion bug?
(such as forum discussion or bug tracking list mention in Fusion bug report)

I have to confirm if Fusion + RoboDK is a right solution combination for our clients.
Or, please recommend another CAD plugin, which doesn't have such bug for RoboDK.

Thanks,

Yishin
Hi Yishin,

Can you share the Step file?
I'll try it with some other CAD plugins.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(04-26-2021, 11:11 AM)Jeremy Wrote: Can you share the Step file?
I'll try it with some other CAD plugins.
Hi Jeremy,

The STEP file is attached.
You have a RoboDK video about using Fusion CAM to generate path for RoboDK.
If Fusion has problem about generate normal curves, How do you think about doing this task with Fusion CAM?

Thanks,

Yishin

Attached Files
.zip   9707-MG348-corners-v4-step.zip (Size: 61.53 KB / Downloads: 330)