Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Curve created with Fusion 360 is not normal to the selected faces

Hi Yishin,

I just tried with SolidWorks and it works well. 

Did you try with Rhino? I was not able to select the right line or to project a line on the surface, but I'm not very good with that software. 

Yes, it could potentially work with Fusion CAM. 

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(04-27-2021, 06:48 PM)Jeremy Wrote: I just tried with SolidWorks and it works well. 

Did you try with Rhino? I was not able to select the right line or to project a line on the surface, but I'm not very good with that software. 

Yes, it could potentially work with Fusion CAM. 

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks, we will tell our clients that SolidWorks has no problem with imported CAD models for RoboDK.

I haven't try Rhino yet. I found a workaround for Fusion 360 with imported CAD models. That is "PATCH" the surface instead of using the imported one directly. With the newly patched/created surface, Fusion360 has no problem generating curves with normal vectors on it.

-Yishin
Hi Yishin,

Thanks for letting us know!
So "PATCH" is a feature of Fusion 360? In the surface tab?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(05-11-2021, 11:30 AM)Jeremy Wrote: Thanks for letting us know!
So "PATCH" is a feature of Fusion 360? In the surface tab?

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, "PATCH" is a Fusion 360 command of "surface tab". Other than PATCH, we may also use Surface->Create -> Offset (with 0 distance) to clone a surface; project curves on it, and send those curves to RoboDK.

Yishin
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
I'll give it a go next week. It was something bothering us for some time, but I never found the time to really found an alternative solution.

Jeremy