Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Curved conveyor mechanism

Hello everyone,

I need help. I want to make mechanism of a 90 deegres curved conveyor. Is it possible to make something like that in RoboDK? I would be very grateful if someone would provide an example.

Thank You!
This is currently not possible unless you use the RoboDK API at this moment.

@Phillip may be able to help you model your conveyor, could you provide us with the 3D model?
Hello DKeretic,

Here is a example on how you can run a curved conveyor using a bit of python. Lemme know if you have any questions.

Olivier

Attached Files
.rdk   Curved_Conv.rdk (Size: 309.48 KB / Downloads: 448)
(09-15-2020, 12:12 PM)Albert Wrote: This is currently not possible unless you use the RoboDK API at this moment.

@Phillip may be able to help you model your conveyor, could you provide us with the 3D model?

Here it is. Thank You.

(09-15-2020, 07:58 PM)Olivier Wrote: Hello DKeretic,

Here is a example on how you can run a curved conveyor using a bit of python. Lemme know if you have any questions.

Olivier

I'm not able to run the program. When I click run nothing happens.

Attached Files
.stp   Zakrivljeni_transporter.stp (Size: 1.18 MB / Downloads: 380)
Hi DKeretic,

I just try the conveyor Oliver sent you and it works fine on my end.

You need to run the "Main".
Also, make sure that your Python is set properly. ("Tools"->"Options"->"Python"->"Python interpreter"->"Select").
Also, make sure that you are using the latest version of RoboDK. ("Help"->"Check for updates")

Jeremy
One more question from me. Is it possible to add curve path in RoboDK and then make step file object follow that path?
Hi DKeretic,

One way to do it is to create a 6 axis mechanism and make it follow the curve with the object. This solution only work with one object at the time, unless you create multiple 6 axis mechanisms.

Olivier

Attached Files
.rdk   Object_Follow_Curve.rdk (Size: 35.86 KB / Downloads: 433)
@Olivier, do you know if it is possible to stop the object for at a predetermined location along path? E.g. I would like to stop an object at a position along a curved conveyor so a cobot can attach parts to it, before continuing along the path when assembly is complete.
Hi ryan259,

Did you check out my Curved_Conv.rdk example? 

You can change travel value in the python script to fit the position you need, just be sure to change the values in all 3 Run_Conveyor_xx scripts. 

Olivier

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)