Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DIY robot connection issue

I have a small metal robot running off MG996R servos controlled using a teensy 3.2 micro controller. 

The driver and post processor both work to control the robot on their own, outside the robodk environment. 

The robodk code also works if I right click on the program I have created and select to 'generate a robot program', if i paste the generated contents into my serial monitor and send it to the robot, it works to move the robot. 

However, when I enter the com port used and select to connect to a robot, (with the driver and post processor selected correctly). Robodk connects to the driver because the connection says 'working....' but in the log each command I try to run it just says 'sending command...' but then doesn't execute on the robot itself.

Any ideas? I have proved the driver works and the robodk program works when generated and externally uploaded to the robot via serial monitor but when trying to connect and run the program in 'real time' there is no action on the robot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What RoboDK driver did you use as a baseline?
You can usually run RoboDK Python Drivers in a console and send commands manually to see if they work.
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
(09-23-2022, 12:26 PM)Sam Wrote: What RoboDK driver did you use as a baseline?
You can usually run RoboDK Python Drivers in a console and send commands manually to see if they work.

robotDK-MRC-driver/driver.py at master · glumb/robotDK-MRC-driver · GitHub

This is the driver I used and as I said I know the driver works outside of robodk. 

Also when connecting to the robot though robodk it is reading the driver because it says in the log
'MRC remote
use CONNECT <serialport> to open a connection'
which is a print command from the driver. 

I think its accessing it but then maybe there is a problem with the serial connection to the robot through robodk?
But this would be strange since it connects fine without robodk.