Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Error while running the generated program

Hello folks,

I am currently using the Kinova post processor to generate code for the robot from the program in RoboDK. The program generates fine, without any issues (a python file).

However, when I run the program, I get this error:-
Connecting to robot 192.168.1.10:12345
Using TCP connection
Logging as admin on device 192.168.1.10
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:/Users/ssonawan/OneDrive - MathWorks/Desktop/prog.py", line 399, in <module>
    KinovaGen3.connect('192.168.1.10', 12345)
  File "c:/Users/ssonawan/OneDrive - MathWorks/Desktop/prog.py", line 112, in connect
    self.base = BaseClient(self.router)
  File "C:\RoboDK\Python\kortex_api\autogen\client_stubs\BaseClientRpc.py", line 171, in __init__
    self.router.registerNotificationCallback(self.serviceId, callback)
AttributeError: 'DeviceConnection' object has no attribute 'registerNotificationCallback'
Failed to properly disconnect

I can confirm that the robot IP and username and password are correct. I am also able to connect to the robot through RoboDK (Using Connect ->Connect Robot).

I wonder if this issue is due to some library being outdated, but I am not sure. The python version I am using is 3.7.3. I have also attached the generated code, prog.py, to provide more insights.

Please let me know if you need more information from my side.Look forward to hearing from you

Attached Files
.py   prog.py (Size: 15.97 KB / Downloads: 195)
Hello team,I would really appreciate any response on this. Thanks
We are improving the post processor for Kinova robots with the latest version of RoboDK. You can download it here:
https://robodk.com/downloads/Install-Rob...v5.5.2.exe

Let us know if you still have any issues.
Thank you, Albert. The latest version of RoboDK solved that issue. But there are still a few issues (undeclared variables, negative angles support) that prevent the generated code from running as is. I am able to get past those issue by editing the generated .py file.
But nonetheless, thank you for the continuous effort to improve the software
I quickly tested the post and it didn't throw any errors when running the file, kinova should support negative angles on the newer versions, could you send a sample station that creates a problematic file and if you have the time the generated code with the manual edits you had to do?