Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Exporting Simulation to Blender

Hi,

We're interested in exporting our RoboDK simulations into Blender to create different renders of our robots in action. At the moment, we can easily export .obj files of individual objects within RoboDK and import them in Blender, however, we would like to export an entire animation of a simulation from RoboDK that is compatible with Blender's import formats. Is this currently possible, and if not, can this be added? We would love to add renders of RoboDK's accurate simulations of our robots to our website and promotional material.

Thank you,
Varun
Hi Varun,

This is currently possible with RoboDK!
We can export the entire simulation to Blender, including object colors and animation key frames.

You can contact us at info@robodk.com to add the export option to your licence.
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
Hi Sam,

That's great to hear! I'll go ahead and reach out to add this option to our license.

Thanks,
Varun
(05-01-2023, 08:00 PM)bhatiav16 Wrote: Hi Sam,

That's great to hear! I'll go ahead and reach out to add this option to our license.

Thanks,
Varun

Hi Varun,

Is your project exporting to Blender work well? 
Can you share the link for me to learn!

Thanks
Minata
Hi Minata,

You can now export your RoboDK simulation to Blender with the proper licence option.
You can contact us at info@robodk.com to get more information.
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
Hi Sam,

I wanted to express my gratitude for your prompt reply.
At the moment, I am engaged in learning about RoboDK,
and unfortunately, I don't have access to the professional license necessary for testing the Blender export option.
Is there any possibility for me to conduct a preliminary test before proceeding further?
Thank you for taking the time to consider my request.

Regards
You should better contact us by email and we'll do our best to accommodate special needs:
https://robodk.com/contact