Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fanuc ASCII Upload: cannot load RoboDK files

Hi,
I'm working with a Fanuc RJ3iB controller (with the ASCII Upload option). When I try to load the LS-files generated by RoboDK an error shows "Could not load file XXX.LS". According to Fanuc this could caused by a syntax error in the LS-file. With RoboGuide the files can be loaded and converted to TP-format without problems. Does anyone know what the issue can be?
Best regards,
Emile
I'll start with the basic question:
Did you use the RJ post-processor?
If you used the R30 post it won't work.

https://robodk.com/doc/en/Post-Processor...tProcessor

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

I've used both, RJ and the R30 post-processor (in the R30 post-processor I've set compatibility with RJ3 = true).
Another question, is the file too big for the controller?
RJ controllers have very limited internal memory. Like very very limited.

Are you able to load a basic "4 points program".

Jeremy

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Ok, I will check that for the bigger files.
But even small files as the one below does not load. (Only after conversion to TP-format by RoboGuide):

/PROG DMRdBL
/ATTR
OWNER = MNEDITOR;
COMMENT = "RoboDK sequence";
PROG_SIZE = 0;
CREATE = DATE 31-12-14 TIME 12:00:00;
MODIFIED = DATE 31-12-14 TIME 12:00:00;
FILE_NAME = DMRdBL;
VERSION = 0;
LINE_COUNT = 1;
MEMORY_SIZE = 0;
PROTECT = READ_WRITE;
TCD: STACK_SIZE = 0,
TASK_PRIORITY = 50,
TIME_SLICE = 0,
BUSY_LAMP_OFF = 0,
ABORT_REQUEST = 0,
PAUSE_REQUEST = 0;
DEFAULT_GROUP = 1,*,*,*,*;
CONTROL_CODE = 00000000 00000000;
/MN
1:J P[1] 5% CNT1 ;
/POS
P[1]{
GP1:
UF : 9, UT : 9,
J1= 167.260 deg, J2= 4.870 deg, J3= 41.630 deg,
J4= -106.860 deg, J5= 4.070 deg, J6= 1.830 deg,
E1= -5600.000 mm
};
/END
Hi Emile,

Sorry I didn't answer you yesterday, there was a massive power outage here.
Freezing rain and all.
Got to love Canadian winters.

I don't seen anything wrong with the code... I generated a ton of those in the last few years and we never had any issues...
Are you using the standard post-processor or a modified version of it?

Could it be because of the "Default group" thing we discussed earlier?

Did you try creating a simple LS file in RoboGuide and loading in on the controller directly?

You can also automate the compilation of LS file to TP using RoboDK.
Here's how: https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-Fanuc.html#LSvsTP

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,
That sounds like real bad weather (I think the winters in Holland are too cold already).
No problem it took a while, I was off line for a few days, enjoying 39.3C fever. It's getting a bit better now.

Do you always use WinOLPC (also part of RoboGuide) for conversion? It seems to be different than ASCII upload that runs on the Fanuc controller.
1. First time I used the standard RJ post-processor and manually changed the group mask. Loading these LS-files with the ASCII Upload didn't work ('File unloadable')
2. Second time I used the R30 with the settings you advised (RJ compatible and the group mask line edit), no other changes. Also these files where unloadable as LS-format. As said, after conversion with RoboGuide to TP-format there is no problem loading them. I've sent these files to Technical Support of Fanuc and also they were not able to load the files on a controller.

My customer bought a license of RoboGuide this week (up till now we had a trail version) so for the future it's probably the easiest way to go for the automated compilation as you described. Nevertheless, I'll also try to load a simple LS-file generated by RoboGuide.
Hi Emile,
I really hope you will get better.

Winter in Quebec is always cold and full of surprises. -25C yesterday
-14C today with 10-15 cm of snow. Winter makes you love summer so much more.

Could the tech support at fanuc tell you what was wrong with the file?
As I mentioned earlier this seems to be a very normal file. It should be fairly easy for them to know what's wrong.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,
Unfortunately Fanuc didn't have an explanation for it. I agree with you, also I expected they would easily point out any issues... :o/

Emile